收藏此帖子Writer and Copy Editor – Great Career Opportunity! (Beijing, China (Weigongcun - subway line 4, near Xizhimen))隐藏该帖子
工作类型: 全职 薪酬 : 18-25k based on experience. Annual wage increase, and sizeable yearly bonus. Weekends off and full public holiday entitlement. 3 weeks additional annual paid leave and round-trip air tickets to home country (after 1st year).
QR Code Link to This Post
The People’s Education Press (PEP) is seeking a passionate, experienced, and articulate foreign expert to join its English Editorial Department as a copy editor and writer. You will play a key role in the writing and editing of material spanning a wide range of interesting topics, along with creating challenging and original comprehension activities. You will regularly consult with other editors, providing feedback and guidance, as well as driving forward projects as a key stakeholder. This well-paid job is an ongoing post with incremental salary increases, ideally suited to someone seeking a long-term career at a reputable company in Beijing.
The People's Education Press (PEP) is a publishing house under the leadership of the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People's Republic of China. With over 60 years of experience, PEP is the publication standard for primary and secondary school textbooks in China. PEP is centrally located at Weigongcun on line 4, near Xizhimen.
• *English native speaker* with an excellent command of written English
• Passionate about developing K12 education on a nationwide level
• Strong creative skills as a writer of original articles, able to accurately research topics and write well-structured essays
• Excellent skills as a copy editor: patient and detail-oriented, with strong grammar, spelling, and fact-checking skills
• Holds a bachelor’s degree or above (in ESL, education, or literature preferred)
• Self-organized, able to work independently and multi-task to meet multiple deadlines
• Effective interpersonal and collaboration skills, able to make key decisions
• Proficient Internet skills and experience in copy-editing text using Microsoft Word
• At least two years’ relevant work experience
• A basic command of Mandarin Chinese is preferred
PEP Headquarters, Beijing, China (Weigongcun subway station - line 4, near Xizhimen)
• Competitive starting salary (18-25k) including benefits for housing, transport, and phone allowances
• Annual wage increase, and sizeable yearly bonus
• Attractive working hours (M-F, 8:30-16:30, inc. lunch)
• Weekends off and full public holiday entitlement
• Provision of China work visa, social security payments, health check, and health/dental cover (partial)
• Free daily lunch buffet and English newspaper
• Sizeable private work area in quiet, friendly environment, with supportive management
• 3 weeks additional annual paid leave and round-trip air tickets to home country (after 1st year)
To apply, please send an email explaining why you think you are suited to the position. Also attach a CV that clearly highlights your skills and experiences related to this post.
(Note: PEP will reimburse the flight ticket of any successful overseas applicant.)